Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Word About Customer Service


Here's the deal, you will not find me "complaining" about people, creators, little children or small animals in my blog, it's just not me. I won't be "promoting" someone just because they paid me or gave me something. I like something I blog it, pretty simple no matter if it was a purchase or gift. One thing I will do is if I find something or someone that goes above and beyond, I am going to mention it here. Good customer service is worth talking about! When shopping for my blog the other day I had not wanted to tp to the shop so I purchased some DeLa earrings on xstreetsl, unfortunately SL was being wonky and did not deliver them so I repurchased and of course when I re logged the "lost" ones showed up. I did not send an IM or notecard to anyone as well things like that happen sometimes, such is life. I logged this morning to find a short notecard from DeLa creator Kuranosuke Kamachi whom I have never met or spoken with before and it stated that she noticed I had double purchased the earrings and refunded me the price of the second pair. Now I know we all make stupid mistakes when purchasing things and if it's our own fault for not reading vendor info or something like that then we haven't any right to have a creator make it right for us. If you screw up you, screw up, be an adult and take responsibility for it. It was not my fault SL had messed up the purchase for me but it was not hers either, so I was not going to complain to her, SL was the one that messed it up. To me, getting a personal note and refund was above and beyond what I expected or have experienced in SL shopping and while I was a loyal customer already I am now a die hard fan! YAY customer service in any industry, virtual or not!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that. I also had a positive experience with DeLa... I wanted one style of dress in the color of a different style of dress, and I had no expectation she would humor me, but she did and with all graciousness. I'm also a hardcore fan now. She deserves praise for her outstanding customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kura and Eitaro are the best! i know them long time when the store was small and just had few pair of shoes, I'm amazed with her talent and creativity and beyond that how down to earth they both are how caring you can play that. Dela Rules and I'm happy others notice it :)))

    so yay for you and your positive Blog as most are quick to yell out negative experiences it feels so good to read something positive and see that its honored..

    peace to the world

    ReplyDelete