Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Newbie Challenge


Gogo issued this challenge:

I decided to give it a shot, I went for a dressed up version. First stop was Miel for the group gift a really cute hair with a scripted head band that has multiple colors, a bonus for those on a shoestring budget as it will go with more than one outfit. Next stop skin, I wanted a good quality skin, and lucky for me ORTA's group gift of a lovely dress and accessories that we have seen on the feed lately comes with a wonderful Lelutka skin. ICING has always got really sweet dresses for those on a tight budget, there are usually three available and all are free and pretty. (If you are keeping track I have 4 dresses at this point, one complete with accessories) I wanted to create a more cocktail version so I headed to COCO who has several group gifts and picked up the ruffle lace skirt, this worked great to make my look more of a cocktail version. Shoes were easy, Maitreya's group gift for subscribing is 15 pairs of colorful pumps! Jewelry, JCNY has a Newb gift bag with earrings (please be sure to turn off the bling!). In my searching there are many many quality creators that offer gifts you just have to search them out. If you don't have the lindens to purchase the look you want, you don't have to beg for lindens, find a person who's look you like and just ask, who are their favorite creators and does that creator offer free or group gifts, most will be happy to share the information. One last thing, Dove Swanson of LAP offers a free AO for newbies so you can lose that awkward walk! All in all I am happy with my finds and fear not, you can look great on a shoestring budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment